Friday, August 24, 2012

Easy Breakfast Frittatas

Let's be honest... my a.k.a. ain't Betty Crocker.  When I do my shopping for the week I try to buy the quickest and easiest things.  Eating Paleo has put a cramp in my shopping list.

My BP (Before-Paleo) breakfast used to include a Fiber One Breakfast Bar and a banana on the way to work.  It was easy, quick, and I could share it with the two year old mini-me in the back seat.  I started doing Google searches of "easy Paleo breakfast ideas" and found this amazing recipe that I tweaked to my tastes:

Cupcake Frittatas (just the name makes it sound delicious doesn't it???):

Muffin Tray (12)
8 organic eggs (I use half egg whites/half whole eggs)
Turkey Sausage (browned)
Veggies (Mushrooms, Red Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, Onion, Broccoli, Spinach, Jalapenos, Zucchini)
Coconut Oil

1.  Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Grease muffin-cups with coconut oil
3.  Layer muffin-ups with spinach (imagine the paper wrapper)
4.  Sautee veggies with a little bit of coconut oil and add even amounts to each cup.
5.  Add whisked eggs to each cup (about 3/4 full)

Bake for 15-18 minutes until the eggs are set.

Slide a butter knife around each cup to loosen and turn upside down on a piece of wax paper to cool.

I portion out two in zip lock bags for a whole weeks worth of breakfast.  Because each little "muffin" has different veggies, it's a new taste every day.

Enjoy!!

p.s.  I promise to work on taking better foodie pictures:)






No comments:

Post a Comment