Monday, August 27, 2012

Week One


My first week of Paleo went pretty smoothly.  It took a little bit more preparation then what I was used to, but it was worth it.  And the scale proved it!  When I first started doing CrossFit, I was super disappointed that the scale started going up.  I couldn’t figure out how I could look and feel so good, yet weigh almost 5 lbs more.  As of this past Friday, I am officially down 4 of those 5 lbs, and hope to get even lower. 

In all honesty, I was not 100% Paleo.  I still indulged in a glass of red wine almost every night, and had a free day on Sunday (and I mean free day).  Until the Challenge begins, I plan to continue to enjoy a glass of wine nightly along with my Sunday morning biscuit breakfast.  Everything in moderation right?!

On a personal note, today is also my 8th day smoke free (“toot-toot”).  I am pretty proud of myself with all things considered. 

Here’s a few pros/cons from the first week:

1.         Going Paleo made my body really efficient at processing food (*wink-wink*).  I thought for sure the lack of carbs and fiber would have the opposite effect.  

2.         Paleo made almost all of my bloat and water retention go away.  My stomach seems ridiculously flat and sculpted.  

3.         You have to be prepared.  Planning and prepping your meals is key to sticking to Paleo.

4.         As a mom, Paleo has kept me from “cleaning up” my kids’ plates.  I didn’t realize how much I ate my daughter’s left over food.  I had to stop myself a few times from grabbing that chunk of pancake, goldfish, PB&J, etc.  That alone probably saved me a few hundred calories. 

5.         It took my body a few days to adjust to the lethargic feeling.  I’m not sure if it was just me, but I definitely had a “drained” feeling the first couple of days. 

Today is a new day.  I have my mini-fridge packed with raspberries, blueberries, apple slices, grapes, cucumbers slices, carrots, celery, peppers, left over kabobs and asparagus, spinach salad, mini frittatas, and sliced up chicken/steak.  I’m excited to see what this next week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment