Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day One

Well, I made it through Day One with flying colors.  I even went to a barbq and didn't drink!  Sad that this feels like such an accomplishment - but, whatever... I like to drink!

My morning began with two eggs fried in a wee bit of coconut oil and the WLC amrap.  I completed 7 rounds at the RX'd weight (35# for the ladies) and had 13 seconds left on the clock.  In reality, I should have kept swingin', but my body was saying "No No".  For those that don't know (as if anyone reads this blog besides Chris and I - and maybe a few stray family members), the WLC workout was as follows:

9 minute amrap:
7 Kettle Bell Swings
7 Burpees
50 M Sprint
As many round as possible

I was rather proud of myself for getting seven rounds done.  I then proceeded to bust my ass in another workout, which included a fifteen minute amrap of (you guessed it) more kettle bells.  Oy vey. My shoulders and neck hurt just typing this!

I then came home to an amazing breakfast from my man -


After naptimes were concluded (god bless naps) we took a family trip to Winco.  For those in southern cali, you might not know what a Winco is:  It is a ghetto grocery store that provides insight into the WT community.  However, it has amazing "bins" that contain dried nuts, almond flour, dehydrated fruit, etc.  Their produce is pretty good as well.  $156 later, we had a house full of amazing food.  Below are a few photos of the loot!


 
For lunch, we had steak salads from Chipotle (and I was THAT GUY - I asked whether or not they cooked their steak in sugar) - delicious!  For dinner, we went to a friend's house and had Sirloin steak (again, no sugar - we asked), a huge green salad with homemade olive oil and lemon dressing, and a fat slice of cantaloupe.

Although I wanted a beer all day, I did great and fought the cravings by making fake cocktails:  Club Soda with lemon and lime wedges (amazing - and with ice, it felt like a weak vodka soda).  Christie agrees.

So, all in all... the first day was great. 

Fast forward to this morning, I woke up to the smell of sauteed onions, coffee, and sausage.  My husband made an amazing veggie side dish, sausage, eggs, and sweet potato hash browns.  Amazing!

Following a 5K in the park, we are now getting a move on the famous Sunday Prep Day.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment