Monday, September 10, 2012

Sunday Prep Day

After returning home from an amazing Nutrition Seminar at CrossFit 714 (thank you Alex!), I decided to put a little bit more effort into my food.  I flipped though my Easy Paleo cookbook for inspiration and decided on a few meals.



First, I made my usual cupcake egg fritatas (why does the word "cupcake" make them sound so much more delicious?)  This time I decided to add some kale and sausage to shake things up.  After a few rounds of trial and error, I think I've perfected my "cupcakes."  I prefer to grease my pan with coconut oil, versus adding it to my mix.  I've also found that I enjoy the crunch factor by not sautéing my veggies first.

Next I made a shrimp stir-fry with frozen peeled shrimp, sliced raw almonds, and veggies (carrots, broccoli, onion, kale).  I added coconut oil to my wok to cook the veggies and shrimp which worked as a great mixer and it's a healthy fat  Double score.

I then decided to make some chicken fajitas.  I grilled up some peppers and onions and shredded a store-bought roasted chicken.  Now I know this isn't 100% pale, but the challenge hasn't started yet.  Instead of tortillas, I plan to use romaine lettuce and do a wrap of sorts.  All in all, I was able to fill up 5 tupperware containers full of delicious meals.

For the mini-fridge in my cube at work I am all about preparation:

A giant veggie tray divided up into 5 bags
3 chicken breasts cut up and split into 5 bags
2 fritatas per (you guessed it) 5 bags
3 cartons of blueberries, boysenberries, and raspberries divided up into 5 bags
Raw almonds, raisins and macadamia nuts (in case I get a crunch/sweet craving)

My biggest plan is going to be preparation.  No excuses not to stay on track.  I've even downloaded a cool app called "PaleoGoGo" that lets you input basically any restaurant and it gives you Paleo options for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment