Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Snack On...



So, in my quest to eat Paleo (modified via the Whole Life Challenge) I’m trying to figure out some snack ideas.  Currently, I munch on the following:

  • Almond and Raisins (like a sad trail mix)
  • Avocado slices
  • Oranges (tangelos)
  • Pluots (I’m seriously addicted to these tasty highbred fruits)
  • Slices of turkey meat
  • Bananas
  • Carrot Sticks (I only want to poke myself in the eye every three bites)

As you can see, I’m in a rut.

In order to survive the 3:00 munchies (this is the time of day where I will eat anything if its in front of me) I need to spice up the snacks.  For example, on Monday, I was a rock star.  The worst thing that went into my mouth was a few peppermint candies (I have a serious addiction), Tuesday – the same (In fact, I was on cloud nine that I resisted cinnamon rolls all day long); however, today, I blew it.  I ate great all day, yet then at 3:00, following a spectacularly long board meeting, I ate half of a cinnamon roll (yes, the bitches that haunted me all Tuesday).  Damn it!

I need to find something that feels like “carbs” to satisfy this craving.  After a wonderful dance with my good friend Google, I found the following:


So, those are a few fun ideas to get me rolling for next week.  As Christie pointed out… prep is everything!  I like spending my Sunday afternoon parceling out food for the week and coming up with food ideas that keep me away from the damn cinnamon rolls!  Plus, I’m like a baby… I need to eat something every hour and a half.  : )

Snack on…

1 comment:

  1. My hubby discovered that kale chips (tossed with olive oil and sea salt) can have laxative like effects if consumed in quantity.....be forewarned

    ReplyDelete