Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Good Twin v. Bad Twin





I'll admit it.  Jamie kicked my ass at CrossFit this past weekend.  Or as she would say, I had sand in my swimsuit.  In my defense, it was my 4th day in a row of working out and I was fighting a cold (that has now blown itself into full force sickness).

Friday's class was partner work.  Go Twin Power!  This WOD was actually kind of fun.  Jamie and I mirrored each other the entire time as we watched our men push through the work out as well.  It was a ridiculous amount of exercises:

100 air squats
30m barrel walk
100 burpees
30m barrel walk
100 over-head weighted sit ups (25 lbs)
30m barrel walk
100 jumping pull-ups
30m barrel walk
100 medicine ball sit up throw (10 lbs)
1200m medicine ball run (10 lbs)

Really?!!  

As our men nursed hangovers Saturday morning, we decided to tackle another WOD at 8:00 a.m.  I took one look at the white board and was instantly defeated.  My body was angry with me and I couldn't seem to get my brain to overcome my mental fear of the WOD. 

30 squat cleans (35 lb barbell)
30 overhead squats (35 lb barbell)
5 wall walks (pure evil)
50m tire flip
250m sled push
10 box jumps
10 modified rope climbs
200 run

The WOD called for 3 rounds and my sandy-ass only got through 1.  I just couldn't get into it.  I watched my amazing sister finish her 2nd round while I rowed a slow 400 meters and did some mobilization. 

I can't wait for her and Wes to come down to visit us in December to experience another workout at CrossFit714!!


No comments:

Post a Comment