Monday, October 8, 2012


Here we are in Week 4 of the challenge, and I'm doing better than I thought.  Or really, I'm happy with my current progress and my ability to think about what is actually going in my mouth.  In all actuality, I am surprised at how much I've allowed myself to "cheat" on the weekends.  I'm not really cheating with food (okay, okay... I had some amazing ribs last night with BBQ sauce - and a frozen yogurt with my little ones on Thursday) so much as I'm cheating with drink.  By the end of my long week(s), I'm absolutely ready for a cocktail.  Its not simply the booze I'm craving... but more, the desire for something other than water. 

The challenge last week was to drink huge quantities of water.  This was a no brainer for me, as I drink a shit ton of water everyday.  By the time I get home from work, I've consumed at least my body weight (oz) in water.  Perhaps this is why I have the huge craving for the sweet flavor of gin or a light beer.  So, on that note, although I have cheated with booze, I've made good booze choices: Gin and diet tonic or Michelob Ultra (this is truly the pussiest beer they make - however, surprisingly good). 

So, this week, I'm going strong.  My goal is to not drink at all this weekend and prep myself for the Quincy Mountain Harvest Festival.  What's the Harvest Festival you ask?  Well, its a sweet beer fest in the mountains where you drink unlimited quantities of heavy beer for about four hours.  By the end of the festival, I am usually a bit squinty eyed and quite bloated.  Ah yes, I can't wait.  The happiness surrounding this years' festivities is the arrival of Christie (the other cool blogger at Twin Challenge) and my amazing brother-in-law, Mark.  We plan on rocking out some crossfit at IMF on both Friday and Saturday before the event.  My hope is that a week of great workouts, and a dry prior weekend, will help zero out the negative effects of heavy beer drinking.

Here's to beer!  (For the record, even scanning the beer images at Google made my mouth water - should this be telling me something?)

No comments:

Post a Comment