Monday, October 1, 2012

Where did you go willpower??!!!!




“I’m not gonna drink”
“I don’t want to lose my points”

Well, that didn’t happen.  I went down to San Diego with the best intentions.  I told myself that I was going to enjoy my mocktails and still try to have a good time.  What did I end up consuming?  Am I brave enough to make a list?

Our first stop was at BJ’s.  I had a Kona Longboard draft and it was delicious.  After 3 hours on the Harley, my throat was parched.

Next up was the Titled Kilt before the game.  Two Snake Bites (Harp/Cider), and a Lynchburg Lemonade (JD, sprite and triple sec).  

At the game I had about two tall boys of Corona light, a handful of peanuts, and a few pieces of red vines.

[Nope…still not done yet]  

After the game we decided to do some bar hopping.  Two vodka sodas later and I was spent (or so I thought).

When we got back to our hotel, I noticed this cute little wine bar on the corner and we decided to have a night cap before turning in.  Along with an amazing glass of Pinot, I had a slice of chocolate cake..  At that point I thought to myself (and my drunk self’s willpower leaves something to be desired), why not?  You’ve already lost your nutrition points for the day… enjoy some cake.  

Let’s recap shall we?  5 beers, three cocktails, a glass of wine, and a big ol’ piece of cake.  The best part of all of this:  I wasn’t that drunk.  I’m not sure how that worked out, but it did.  

Fast forward to Sunday morning, waking up in a ghetto hotel room, dreading a two hour Harley ride back home…  ouch!! 

Was it worth it?  On Saturday, yes.  Sunday morning: not so much.  My head hurt and my body rejected every ounce of my “good time.”  I felt extremely guilty about my indulgences.  Luckily, since my body rejected everything I put into it, I still felt slim.

Until the Brew fest on the 20th…  staying strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment