Thursday, October 11, 2012

Starving!!!

After the hubby and I got home from the gym last night I proceeded with my "groundhog's day" nightly routine. This routine usually involves two parts: Getting ready for the following day, and putting a sassy two-year old down for bed.

I packed up my food (it looks like I'm a Tupperware hoarder), packed my kid's bag, made coffee, did my mobilization in the living room (hurt so bad but felt so good), and packed my gym bag.

Next up, meeting the demands of her royal highness. "Brush my hair mommy, I need ice in my aqua, ABC book, Butterfly kisses." To quote an amazing book, "Go the F*&k to sleep!!!"



Have I mentioned that I really don't like kids? By the time this is done, it's usually around 8:30-9:00 p.m. This gives me about 30 minutes to an hour of "me" time to spend with the hubby, check my obsessions aka blogs, read my book, or zone out on some pointless television.

When I finally sat down last night, I realized that I was STARVING! The last thing I ate was at 4:30 p.m. and my body was empty. My go-to meal lately has been protein and half of an avocado. Something about the flavor mix of steak, chicken, pork and avocado makes my mouth really happy. I even made a plate for the hubby. At first, he didn't want the avocado.  But after I explained the health benefits of having good fat in your diet, he finally gave in. Eating at night is a huge leap for me.  For the past 3 years I have rarely eaten after 4:30 p.m. Transitioning my body to the demands of CrossFit and Paleo have taken me out of my comfort zone.

And so far, it's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment