Monday, October 1, 2012

Talkin' Turkey...

So, after a long weekend and a crazy day at work, I decided to ditch out on crossfit and stay home to cook and do laundry (hot, I know).  So, amidst making my frittatas (the weekly go to breakfast) I decided that I was starving and in need of some protein.  

What is a paleo girl to do when she has nothing prepared and all she really wants is a granola bar and some gold fish crackers (damn you small children)?  Broil a turkey burger, that's what!  I pulled out a pre-made turkey burger, covered it in garlic powder and chili powder and popped it in the toaster oven for about 25 minutes.  Add some yummy tomatoes and romaine lettuce, and walah, a quick protein dinner with added veggies!  

Speaking of Turkey... I am sooo happy that the WLC will be over before one of my favorite food holiday!  I love mixing turkey, stuffing, corn (oh how I miss you corn), and mashed potatoes into a fabulous goolash and going at it!  Mmmmm...  

So, although I'm missing some foods and salivating at the thought of Turkey Day, I am super pleased that the WLC is intersecting Halloween.  I have zero self control when it comes to bite sized chocolate candy and reeses peanut butter cups.  Thank you WLC!


No comments:

Post a Comment